Order a Concession Opal card

Eligible tertiary students (including TAFE students)

Find out details on full eligibility and how to give your consent to your tertiary institution to share your details with Transport for NSW here

Eligible job seekers and other approved Centrelink customers

Before applying for your Concession Opal card, you need to have successfully applied for a Transport Concession Entitlement Card, as you must have both cards to travel. Find out more here, including how to apply online.

Eligible apprentices and trainees 

You can apply for the Concession Opal card if you're an eligible apprentice or trainee.

Find out more details here

For help in your language, call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450.
Arabic Chinese French Greek Italian
Japanese Korean German Spanish Vietnamese


Continue ordering an Opal card