Skip to content

Concession travel has changed for tertiary students

Tertiary students enrolling for the 2017 academic year will no longer be using a green Concession card or a foil sticker to get a transport concession.

Transport for NSW is introducing a new proof of entitlement – the Transport Concession Entitlement Card – which can be used by tertiary students when travelling with their Concession Opal card or in rural/regional areas.

However not every student will need one. Only students studying at those institutions that do not issue ‘approved’ student ID cards or students wishing to travel in rural or regional NSW will need to apply for a Transport Concession Entitlement Card.

How do tertiary students apply for a transport concession?

Visit the Opal for tertiary students page for more information.