Opal app updated for customer top ups
18 April 2016
Opal customers will be able to top up on the go thanks to the new and improved Opal Travel app version 2.0.
In addition to being able to top up on the move, the new version has a number of other improvements that will make it even easier for Opal customers.
Minister for Transport and Infrastructure Andrew Constance said it is clear customers are keen to use their mobile phone as part of the transport experience, with over 300,000 downloads of the older Opal Travel 1.3 version app.
“With this new app, travelling with Opal just got even easier. With a few presses on the screen, customers can check their balance, top up and plan their travels for the day,” Mr Constance said.
The new features of the Opal Travel 2.0 app enable customers to:
- Set their Opal card to auto top up and never queue or manually top up again
- Top up through the app and within 60 minutes collect the value at the next tap on
- Find the nearest Opal retailer if they want to acquire an Opal card or top up
- Plan the quickest and most convenient trip and estimate what the fare will be
- Easily check those additional Opal cards linked to a single profile so the kids or family members are ready to go
The new app, developed by Transport for NSW in partnership with Outware Mobile, also improves the experience for special access customers by offering a voice screen reader compatible feature, as well as information on wheelchair accessible services.
Customers can download the free Opal Travel app via the Apple App and Google Play stores.