On what services can I use the Opal card?
Opal is the only card you need to get around on all modes of public transport.
The Opal card can be used on:
- All Sydney Trains. View Opal enabled Sydney Trains lines or Opal enabled train stations
- All NSW TrainLink Intercity services. View Opal enabled NSW TrainLink Intercity services or Opal enabled train stations
- All buses in Sydney, the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Hunter and Illawarra. View Opal enabled bus services
- All Sydney Ferries. View Opal enabled Sydney Ferries services
- Stockton Ferry in Newcastle. View Opal in Newcastle
- Selected private ferry services. (Local island residents with a private ferry pass and Gold Senior/Pensioner Opal card only from 1 January 2016) View Opal enabled private ferry services
- Light rail. View Opal enabled light rail services