- Ownership: The Opal Website is owned and operated by Transport for NSW (TfNSW). A reference to us, we or our, is a reference to TfNSW and, where the context requires, its authorised representatives and agents.
- Property of TfNSW and third party providers: The Opal Website (including layout, all graphic design elements, underlying code and any text, graphics, photographs, images, sounds, video, illustrations, data, files, other information and software) (Content) remains our property or the property of our third party providers and is subject to and protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights.
- Purpose of access: You may only access and use the Opal Website for your personal, non commercial purposes and you may not use or copy the Opal Website for any other purpose unless you obtain our prior written consent. You may contact us at the following address if you are seeking consent
Group Corporate Counsel
Transport for NSW
18 Lee Street, Chippendale
New South Wales, 2008
- Objectionable elements: If you believe the Opal Website contains elements that are objectionable or infringes copyright or any other rights, please contact us at the address specified in clause 7 above.
- Use of Opal Website: In accessing and using the Opal Website you must not:
- violate any applicable laws or access or use the Opal Website for any unlawful purpose;
- distribute viruses, spyware, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of any computer hardware or software;
- collect or store personal data about other users of the Opal Website; or
- engage in any other conduct that inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Opal Website.
- No guarantee of protection: While we endeavour to ensure that the Opal Website is free from viruses and other harmful code, we cannot guarantee this. We therefore recommend that you install and use up-to-date anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall software on your computer.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- Links: The Opal Website may contain links to third party websites and advertisements that may include embedded links. We have not reviewed any of the sites linked on the Opal Website and are not responsible for the content or accuracy of any other sites linked on the Opal Website, even where such websites are co-branded by us. The inclusion of any link or advertisement does not imply that we endorse the linked site or the subject matter of the advertisement. We do not accept any liability for the content of such third party websites and you take sole responsibility for your use of such third party websites.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
- Content: We cannot guarantee that the Content is always accurate, up-to-date or complete. We will update any Content as soon as practicable when we become aware that the Content is not up-to-date, complete or accurate.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
- in the case of goods, the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of the goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- in the case of services, the supplying of the services again or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- Maximum liability: Subject to our obligations under any Non-Excludable Provision and to the maximum extent permitted by law:
- we are not liable for, and no measure of damages will, under any circumstances, include special, indirect, consequential, incidental or punitive damages or damages for loss of profits, revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings.
The limitations and exclusions under this clause apply regardless of whether the claim or liability arises in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, under statute, based on fundamental breach or breach of a fundamental term or on any other basis, whether or not such claim, liability or damage was foreseeable.
- Contribution: Our liability to you is reduced to the extent that your acts or omissions (or those of a third party) contribute to or caused the loss or liability.
- Including: The words “including”, “such as”, “for example” and similar expressions are not intended as terms of limitation.
Effective date: 12 April 2013